Chairperson's Welcome and Overview
The Changing Role of the Controller
• Becoming a strategic business partner
• Managing risk and preserving assets
• Running an efficient and effective finance operation
• Helping to drive execution
• Compliance and regulatory requirements that are now associated with the role.
• Contribution of the Controller in the overall strategy and direction of the business.
Economic Trends and Metrics - What Controllers Need to Know
- 10 years on from the Great Recession
- Developing Themes Domestically
Transforming the Finance Department
As the role of Controller transforms to become a strategic advisor to the CFO, the finance department must change as well. Hear how the Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau has successfully navigated this new landscape, and what changes their finance team has made when it comes people, processes and technology to come out on top.
The Digital Transformation Journey
• Moving effectively through digital transformation
• How to effectively use Robotics and AI to streamline the finance function
The Climate of Funding Debt Deals & Big Lending
• What the banks are looking for to fund loans
• The impact regulators have on those deals
• The current climate and impact of loan committees and processes
• Compliance and governance of those deals
• What they see happening in the economy and how that will impact rates and future deals.
Cybersecurity, Compliance and IT Challenges for Controllers
• Controllership and IT as strategic partners
• The ways controllers can demonstrate a return on investment in technology and personnel that advances the organization's goals in clear-cut ways
• The financial risk or benefits of moving into the cloud
• Protecting sensitive financial data against a cyber-attack
• From Employee Awareness to Embedded Behavior
• Determining the need Cyber Insurance
Five Best Practices for Recurring Billing that Enable Top Line Growth
We are in the midst of a massive global shift to business models based on subscription- and usage-based revenue streams. This shift impacts nearly every aspect of an organization and requires new thinking and new business practices to be successful. The degree of agility and efficiency of the billing department can be the difference between success or failure during this challenging transition. This presentation will cover five best practices for subscription- and usage-based billing that can ease the shift to recurring revenue models and fuel significant business growth.
Challenges in Expanding Globally and Outsourcing
• Trade barriers, proximity, currency and culture
• Tax codes, business regulations and packaging standards in different countries
• The importance of building relationships
• Due diligence – research and testing
Q&A and Wrap Up
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Chair's Welcome & Overview of Day Two
Compliance & Regulation - What the SEC and PCAOB is Thinking
* Update on New SEC Commissioners
* Top priorities at the SEC
* Report from the PCAOB
* What's on tap for 2019?
Selecting and Implementing the Right Technologies
• How to make decisions on what technology to invest in
• Procedures in choosing product/service related investments versus process improvement initiatives
• Estimating the financial benefits of implementing new technologies
• Tracking the actual investment results
How to Build an All-Star Finance Team & Fostering Leadership
Growing Pains of the Finance Professional and Stories from Start-Ups – Fireside Chat
Finance as a Strategic Partner to Business
• What are the competencies needed to be an strategic partner?
•How to be a strategic partner in the BI era?
•Is Finance providing reliable future financial insights as a Strategic Partner?
* Challenges in changing the culture of a company for finance as a strategic partner(Budget/Fcst role vs strategic partner role)
* How does a team start down the road of being strategic partners?
* What are the functional areas inside a business that best to begin strategic partnership?
* What are some wins & key learnings from strategic partnership?