The Digital Bank of the Future
The focus for UOB’s Digital Bank is engagement and this guides the whole experience for customers across Southeast Asia.
UOB calls its model ATGIE, for acquire, transact, generate data, insight and engage; the last of these is supported by a dedicated engagement lab. It uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to gain a better understanding of customer preference and behaviour, and hopes that by being able to gear its offerings towards what customers need it will engender not only loyalty but advocacy, with existing customers effectively helping with the marketing by telling others.
Effective Digital PR and Storytelling in Hospitality
Walter led the marketing and PR for the opening and launch of Fairmont Singapore in December 2007 and most recently Sofitel City Centre in October 2017. He is a LinkedIn author/content curator with over 500,000 articles views which are featured under Leadership & Management, Big Ideas and Innovation as well as Best Advice categories.
As a hotelier and a Marcom leader with over 17 years of extensive experience, he spearheaded the marketing and PR of numerous hotels including Fairmont Singapore, Sofitel Singapore City Centre, Swissotel The Stamford, Raffles The Plaza, Aleenta and Akyra in Thailand, Parkroyal Hotels Group and iconic F & B brands including JAAN, Equinox, Prego, Mikuni, Szechuan Court and Racines. He is currently a jury for Tangrams Effectiveness Awards by Spikes, a judge for Marketing Events Awards 2018 and a 2X jury of Mumbrella Asia Awards. Outside of work, he is a voracious walker and traveller and a self-confessed sneaker head with a collection of 109 pairs of sneakers (and counting).
Ice Breaking Session - Share My Favourite Campaign
Delegates in each roundtable will share with each other their favourite campaigns, the impacts and successes they have had and what exactly made each campaign special.
1. We will follow a clock-wise order, each person can start with giving a quick introduction about themselves: What company do you work for? What do you do?
2. Then each individual can share their favourite campaign, it doesn't have to be a campaign from your own company, it can also be something you have seen or heard of.
Create Visual Global Media Strategy
Daniel Yong is the Director of Global Media at Marina Bay Sands - Established and guide organization's policies and perspectives on filming and photography within the property. - Responsible for placing relevant and pertinent content regarding Marina Bay Sands in various documentaries, movies, dramas, reality and variety shows that helps to enhance the company's branding, publicity and marketing efforts.
Approaching Cross-Channel Marketing in B2C E-commerce
Cross-channel / Omni-channel marketing has been a difficult area for marketers to tackle. Sometimes the best approach is to break it down into practical steps that can then be approached one at a time. This session is focused on B2C E-commerce, and will be relevant for teams looking to find an approach to their Cross-channel / Omni-channel marketing efforts.
Irrelevance Or Innovation - The Choice is Ours to Make
Jess Tang is the Head of Innovation in Johnson & Johnson. As Innovation Lead, Jess explores new marketing technologies, start-ups and agile solution providers in order to discover new and disruptive ways of creating immersive brand experiences for our customers. The role works with the J&J consumer business in APAC region.
Networking Buffet Lunch
Digital Marketers are the Bastions of Change and Adaption, but How do you Maximise their Effectiveness Across the Wider Business?
With digital driving change across every area of organisations, how much power do marketing teams hold in their ability to effectively adapt to constant change? With marketing very much at the fore when it comes to digital transformation and innovation, how much responsibility should lie at its feet when it comes to the wider business and how does it ensure both top down and bottom up support?
Automate Google Search Engine Marketing Operation with Scripting Language, Database and Natural Language Understanding
Google SEM is a critical marketing channel for most e-commerce business. While for a global company like Wego that sells huge amount of products, operates dozens of different language sites, and serves customers in travel industry that has a dynamic nature in terms of frequent changes in both product offers and customer taste, automating SEM operation provides tremendous efficiency uplift in responding faster to market dynamic, building faster and scalable global operation and generates a higher marketing ROI. We will present how Wego has built an autonomous SEM operations with which scripting language has taken over the operation and marketer’s roles are mostly only monitoring. We will present with examples of automating campaign creation & refresh with rule-based and with Google & Stanford natural language understanding technology, extension management (sitelink & price extensions), and automated bidding using internal attribution model.
Jack Wong is the Global E-Business Director at Danone Waters.
Prior joining Danone he used to be SVP of Marketing Performance Team and Regional Category Director of the FMCG sector at Lazada Group. He has 11 years in digital marketing, product marketing/development and project management for start-ups and multinational companies such as L'Oreal and Nexdoor. Jack is a volunteer in AIESEC and graduated from National Sun Yat-Sen University.
In marketing, Are We Spending the Right Amount At Right Time, At Right Places
Nikhil Sahai is currently the Regional Head of Marketing Analytics.
* Currently heading Regional Marketing Analytics Team, Zalora (Team size: 5 members).
* More than 8 years of work experience in Analytics in various domains such as e-commerce, healthcare, pharma, insurance and transport.
* Equipped with Master of IT in Business Analytics from Singapore Management University and an engineering background in IT(Information Technology).
* Received frequent recommendations by managers/clients for quick learning abilities.
* Profound experience in Big Query, SAS, R, SQL, AWS, Google Cloud, Tableau, Python and BI Reporting Tool
Registration & Light Breakfast
Social Media & Influencer Marketing - Where will they be in the future?
Bruce Li is a Digital, Social and Analytics Transformation Specialist with more than 12 years of Asia Pacific and Middle East experience in digital strategy and brand management, ranging from Banking, Advertising and Healthcare.
Staying Ahead of Innovation Whilst Staying Financially Viable
Rebecca is a leading innovative strategist and entrepreneur focused on making ideas happen and growing businesses. Based in Singapore, Rebecca owns and operates two leading entertainment businesses: The Escape Hunt Experience in Australia & NZ http://australia.escapehunt.com/ Virtual Room Singapore (https://singapore.virtual-room.com/) & Sydney (https://sydney.virtual-room.com/).
Digitalisation in the Future - How Organisations Adapt to Changing Consumer Behaviour
Digitisation is a step closer to the future with exponential technology advances,
greater consumer power and increased
competition mean all industries face the threat
Most businesses have already realised that they must use digital channels to engage with their consumers to maintain relevance and drive the conversation. However, few realise how fast the
change needs to happen, or how transformational it needs to be.
In this panel, we will have our speakers on stage discussing the current trend in the digitalisation era, and a quick re-cap on the digital transformation. Later on, we will have our digital experts to share their valuable experience on what they think would be crucial to look after the fast changing consumer behaviours.
B2B Digital Marketing Strategy for Scaling and Launching Amazon.com in India
• Marketing, Business Development & Entrepreneurial leader with experience in launching & scaling Multi-million dollar businesses in the Internet Industry in APAC & India
• Marketing & Country Operations Head for South East Asia, HOOQ – Handling Country operations across the region working with the GTM arm of the business comprising of Marketing (Brand, Digital & CRM) and all its country teams across Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand & Singapore
• Launch team of Amazon.in - Handled Business Development for launching Amazon.in focussing on Entertainment categories (Movies, TV shows, Music, Video Games)
• Co-Founder of iPrice Group - Handled Business Development/Revenue strategy and execution for 7 South East Asian markets (Electronics, Fashion, Entertainment), We raised ~6 Mn USD in funding
• Have experience across Streaming Media, OTT Video on Demand/Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Internet, E-commerce, Marketplaces, Technology & Automotive industries
• Hold an MBA from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (One of the top Business schools in Asia). Majored in Marketing & Operations